Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Cheesecake Lady's Diet For Good Health and Optimal Weight - Basic Foods

What Should I Be Eatting?

This is a record, a journal if you will, of my search for wellness.

If you think any of the techniques I discuss would be helpful to you, please talk them over with your doctor or other qualified health care provider before including them in your life.

Wellness will be evidenced by my weight stabilizing at a healthy level. Right now it goes up (mostly) and down (some) always seeking the set point that I seem to be comfortable at for whatever is going on in my life at that time.

Weight going up forms a protective blanket of comfort around us to shield us from unhappy, unsure or uncertain events in our lives. When we don't pay attention, we eat foods that we find comforting. They're called comfort foods.

There's got to be a better way to reach my best weight than counting calories and going hungry
neither of which seem to have ever done anyone any good in the long run.

So, I'm beginning with what I'm going to call my base of foods. These are health and life promoting foods that will feed my body so my soul has a place to live, work and rest without being tomented by a body that's struggling for food.

The Base Foods:

Protein: lean meat, fish, eggs

Vegetables and Fruits: Any and all

Starches: (up to 2 servings per day) whole grains, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, potatoes, corn, peas, no sugar, packaged breafast cereals (like puffed wheat, puffed rice, shredded wheat, 100% bran)

Dairy: low fat/fat free/soy

Fats: 1 tablespoon of healthy oil per day


Sounds like just about every diet out there doesn't it? But that's OK. This is only the beginning.
This is my base. I'm going to put food to work for me instead of against me.

No comments: