Sunday, February 10, 2008
Valentine's Day is not just a day for lovers but a day for all those you love.
Here's some simply ideas for reminding our family and friends that they are loved.
1. Make pancakes in heart shapes by placing 2 tablespoons of batter in a "V" shape with the bottom of the V slightly over lapping. Quickly, before the batter has a chance to set, use the tip of a spoon to round out the tops to make a heart.
Two tablespoons of batter (one tablespoon for each side of the V) makes a 3 inch pancake.
2. Cut sandwiches into heart shapes using a cooke cutter.
3. Put a piece of parchment or waxed paper onto a cookie sheeet. Drizzle some melted chocolate into 1 inch heart shapes. Chill briefly to set. Use chocolate hearts to top ice cream, frosted cup cakes, fruit salad or yogurt.
4. Tint vanilla frosting pink with marachino cherry juice and use to sandwich 2 heart shaped cookies together.
5. Using a cookie cutter, cut heart shapes out of bread. Toast. Serve for breakfast buttered and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
6. Don't forget you beloved pets!
Make extra toast hearts (skipping the butter and cinnamon sugar) for your dogs. Be sure to let the toast hearts cool to room temperature.
Take an apple or carrot to your horse.
Cats can be finicky but you might try shaping their moist food into a heart shape or give them a little extra cat grass.
Want to know more about our Cooking Classes, Gadgets, Karla's Cooking Made Easy On Line Magazine or our Bed and Breakfast?
Visit our web site : http://www.cheesecakefarms.com